|Req ID: 5094
Find Similar Jobs
MANHATTAN NY US
MIAMI FL US , 33010
CHICAGO IL US , 60601
LOS ANGELES CA US , 90001
SAN FRANCISCO CA US , 94101
DALLAS TX US , 75201
|Minimum Years Experience:||7-10|
|Travel Involved:||None/Not Specified|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Reports to the Project Superintendent. Supervises the field installation and construction of all MEP systems included in the project. Assists in the organizing, planning and scheduling of the works staying within budget and to the quality specified. Protect and promote the interest of Turner in all matters. Various positions available.
|Essential Duties and Responsibilities|
· Plan and review the MEP project work with the Project Superintendent covering Division 25, 16, and 17 subcontractors.
· Provide input on jobsite logistics, organization, plant layout, coordination of piping, equipment for all trades and manpower utilization.
· Prepare work schedules and keep them updated.
· Assist the Project Superintendent in scheduling and expediting the delivery of materials and equipment for their timely on-site delivery.
· Lead or manage the onsite details of pre-purchased Mech / Elec equipment (or else the equipment coordinator reports to the MEP Supt) – ensure ROJ dates are met, delivery inspection reports are completed etc.
· Attend Factory Witness Testing of pre-purchased Mech / Elec equipment
· Coordinate, direct, and monitor the activities of subcontractors and suppliers, to insure conformance with plans, specifications, local and national codes.
· Participate directly in the MEP BIM coordination process.
· Obtain, or see that the subcontractors obtain, all necessary permits for temporary and construction purposes.
· Coordinate the MEP works on site with the activities of inspection agencies through installation, testing, commissioning, handover and acceptance phases.
· Assist Project Engineer is securing all equipment guarantees, warranties and service/maintenance agreements.
· Handle job labor relations and maintain EEO compliances.
· Assist the Project Superintendent in establishing and maintaining good safety and security practices for the entire project in accordance with TCCO safety program.
· Keep Project Engineer informed as to changes made in the field, so that such changes may be covered by general contact change orders and subcontract change orders.
· Keep detailed daily records of MEPS trade contractors’ work progress for monthly billing reviews.
· Keep record for all controlled testing, inspections and filing documents required to obtain a certificate of occupancy.
· Lead or Participate directly in the QA/QC, Startup and Commissioning process.
· Monitor and keep records for all extra work required as a result of contract modifications.
· Maintain separate and detailed file for possible claims and counterclaims noting scheduling, manpower material, coordination, and installation delays and non-conformance to contractual requirements.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Four-year college degree with at least six years of formal engineering or architectural training and at least four years of building construction experience required. Or 10+ years of Data Center / Telecom Facilities focused construction experience. Knowledge of building construction, means and methods, scheduling and cost control procedures, general contract, general conditions, subcontract documents, drawings and specifications – with a strong focus on ‘technical’ construction (hospitals, laboratories, manufacturing – or data centers / telecom facilities). Data Center / Telecom Facilities knowledge is strongly desirable. Computer skills and a familiarity with Microsoft office suite programs. Knowledge of Primavera scheduling desirable. Strong management, leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing. Ability to discuss constructability issues at a technical level with Mechanical and Electrical Consulting Engineers is strongly desirable. Knowledge of accounting and cost control procedures.
|Physical Demands and Work Environment:|
Performance of the required duties will require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction personnel hoists, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk and hear, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud.
TURNER IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.