|Req ID: 5275
Find Similar Jobs
WASHINGTON DC US
|Minimum Years Experience:||Entry Level|
|Travel Involved:||None/Not Specified|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Reports to the job site Engineer, Project Engineer, Project Superintendent, or Assistant Superintendent. Also maintains contact on the working level with subcontractor’s Foremen. Assists in carrying out a variety of basic field duties at the job site related to the general construction of non-residential buildings, stadiums, and parking structures by personally performing the following duties. In the performance of these functions, the Field Engineer is responsible for the protection and promotion of the interests of Turner Construction Company in all matters.
|Essential Duties and Responsibilities|
· Providing and maintaining building control lines by the use of transit and level.
· Completes line and grade work for building layout and vertical and horizontal control and alignment by use of engineering instruments and techniques.
· Assist in maintaining blueprints and field books.
· Assist in preparing daily construction reports.
· Assist in preparation of a contract items list.
· Insure that materials and equipment are released for fabrication or manufacture in time to meet the construction schedule.
· Prepare estimates for the changes in the works from subcontractors.
· Check work as it is being placed to be sure it is accurate within accepted tolerance.
· Study contract drawings, specifications and shop drawings to insure proper coordination of built-in-items.
· Perform various responsibilities as assigned by the Assistant Superintendent, Project Engineer, Project Superintendent such as overseeing certain subcontractor work activities to insure timely and accurate performance of subcontractor work; performing certain subcontractor supervision duties; or performing certain engineering duties.
· Assist in the preparation of final records for the project.
· Maintain EEO compliances.
Perform other duties as assigned
Four-year college degree; or one to two years related experience and/or training (internship/co-op); or equivalent combination of education and experience a plus. Knowledge of all general contract, subcontract documents, drawings, specifications, and surveying instruments. Ability to read and interpret documents such as blueprints, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to define problems, collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Shows initiative to perform duties beyond assignment-specific duties. Demonstrate self-motivation, maturity, management know-how, leadership, and interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing; present well as a person. A basic understanding of accounting and cost control procedures. To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Project Management software, Spreadsheet software, and a familiarity with Microsoft office suite of programs. Knowledge of Prolog Manager and Primavera scheduling and Safety desirable.
|Physical Demands and Work Environment:|
Performance of the required duties will require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction personnel hoists, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk and hear, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud.TURNER IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.