|Req ID: 5452
Find Similar Jobs
HAWTHORNE NY US
|Minimum Years Experience:|
|Travel Involved:||None/Not Specified|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
Supply Chain Product Manager - Mechanical Systems
Reporting to the VP & General Manager, this position is responsible for creating, maintaining, and improving product specific vendor relationships supported by his or her own technical expertise. The product manager is responsible to review all proposed contract awards to vendors in his or her product categories and must be capable to assist in selling, managing and supporting multiple external client transactions.
Product lines (include but not limited to):
· Air Handling Units
· Unitary Products
· Cooling Towers
|Essential Duties and Responsibilities|
· Develop and refine technical purchasing standards for product categories.
· Maintain and mange product wide metrics (price / production trends, etc).
· Technical resource/expert to Local Business Unit (LBU) staff supporting sales opportunities within product lines.
· Provide technical support for LBU/Pre-construction departments.
· Provide technical expertise for LBU field operations.
· Provide cursory review and approval of project scopes-of-work and bids from the LBU.
· Insure vendor relationships are structured to support LBUs (sales and operations).
· Maintain knowledge and understanding of emerging technologies and products.
· Perform training, troubleshooting and operation of product group for LBU.
· Ensure the vendors are sound/pre-qualified and contract terms are in place
· Pre-qualify new / emerging vendors
· Strategically develop vendors
· Continually evolve / improve the vendor interaction with the LBU
· Remove non-performing vendors from the roster
· Maintain vendor relationships utilizing web based information delivery.
· Monitor and coordinate vendors’ supply chain dynamics and changes affecting market delivery
A Four-year degree in mechanical engineering with a minimum 10 years experience in relevant mechanical discipline, manufacturing and/or purchasing of equipment is required. Must have extensive technical and commercial knowledge of specific product and/or equipment. Must be a self-starter with excellent written, oral communication and computer skills. Commercial knowledge of the mechanical equipment manufacturing industry desired. Some travel will be required.
|Physical Demands and Work Environment:|
Performance of the required duties will require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction personnel hoists, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk and hear, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud.
BrowseView All Jobs
View your Equal Employment Opportunity rights under the law"EEO is the Law" poster