|Req ID: 6136
Find Similar Jobs
CHICAGO IL US
|Minimum Years Experience:|
|Travel Involved:||None/Not Specified|
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Job Family:||Human Resources|
Performs Human Resources related duties at the professional level and may carry out responsibilities in some or all of the following functional areas: employment, benefits, performance management, employee relations, training, Federal and State regulatory compliance. Assists in creating an environment conducive to developing and differentiating talent and fostering diversity, creativity and excellence in people. Thisposition has dual reporting to Business Unit Management and Regional Director Human Resources and/or HR Manager.
|Essential Duties and Responsibilities|
1. Partners with employees and management to communicate and administer various Human Resources policies, procedures, laws, standards and government regulations, for both U.S. and Canada.
2. Coordinates recruitment efforts for the Region including college recruiting program, interns, and experienced hires. Attend local job fairs.
3. Reviews applications and perform preliminary screening of applicants to match experience with specific job related requirements. Manage the scheduling and logistics of interviews between candidates and hiring managers.
4. Coordinate and track Canadian personnel records including but not limited work permit applications and renewals.
5. Conducts new-employee orientations; facilitates on-boarding process for all new hires including the implementation and coordination of the transitions coach program and indoctrination program for experienced hires.
6. Facilitates and/or provides training to the workforce.
7. Maintains and coordinates employee recognition programs including employee service awards and business unit staff awards programs.
8. Participates in developing department goals, objectives, and systems.
9. Performs benefits administration to include employee claims resolution, change reporting, and communicating benefit information to employees.
10. Coordinates FMLA, STD & LTD leave programs.
11. At the direction of the HRD and Community Affairs Director, implements and maintains affirmative action procedures; files EEO-1 report annually; maintains other records, reports, and logs to conform to DOL and OFCCP regulations.
12. Assists HRD/HRM in resolution of sensitive employee relations matters.
1. Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
Turner is an EEO/AA: M/F/D/V.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
1. Bachelor's degree Human Resources Management, or a related field.
2. One to three years experience in Human Resources administration.
3. Must have knowledge of database software; human resource systems; Internet software; payroll systems; Microsoft Office suite and use of common office and computer equipment.
4. Ability to read, interpret, and implement policies and procedures.
5. Must have the ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues, by using judgment that is consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation or government law.
6. Effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills.
7. Must have a strong attention to detail and good proof-reading skills.
9. Must be able to work as part of team.
10. PHR recommended.
|Physical Demands and Work Environment:|
Physical Demands: Performance of the required duties will require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction personnel hoists, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk and hear, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works on-site at the construction work site where the employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in these work environments is usually moderate to very loud.
TURNER IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.